The Army Museum welcomes groups of adults/schoolchildren/young people, either with a tour guide or unaccompanied. This page has information about booking, as well as practical information to make your arrival easier.
The museum welcomes groups in 2 ways: guided or unaccompanied tour.
You can visit the museum's permanent collections, the Dome Church (Napoleon's Tomb), Charles de Gaulle Monument, temporary exhibitions and Museum of Relief Maps, with the exception of the Museum of the Order of the Liberation.
Whatever option you choose, booking is required to ensure your comfort during the visit, at least 2 weeks before the visit.
Please note, the De Gaulle Monument tour is an individual tour with a special audio guide. The audio guide is free (collect and drop off at the Monument's reception desk).
The museum offers a wide range of themed tours.
See the programme of themed tours
Tours are conducted by a professional tour guide in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese. You can also request tour guides speaking Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, Arabic...
Visitors must purchase a museum admission ticket in addition to the tour charge: €9 per person (for groups of fewer than 10 people, the admission ticket is €11)
|TYPES OF TOUR||LANGUAGES||ADULT GROUP|
price € INC. TAX
|LAW 1901 ASSOCIATIONS AND WORKS COUNCILS|
price € INC. TAX
weekddays, Sundays and bank holydays
outside museum opening hours
beyond the 2th tour guide slot
- €9 per person, from 10 adults
Tourism professionals and businesses can take advantage of a reduced rate on a sliding scale when they buy 50 tickets or more. Tickets bought in advance are valid for one year from the date of purchase, and are queue jump tickets.
- 20 to 49 €8,5 per ticket
- 50 to 99 tickets €8 per ticket
- 100 to 499 tickets €7.5 per ticket
- From 500 tickets €7 per ticket
The Army museum only provides guided tours in French. For more informations.
How to book an unguided tour
Booking is mandatory and must be done with a minimum of 15 days before the visite at : email@example.com
Please precise in your request :
- the day and the hour of your visit
- the number , age and nationality of your students
- the name and the adress of your school / highschool / university
- the parts of the museum you want to visit (Middle Age, Renaissance / from Louis XIV to Napoleon III / World War I / World War II / historial of general de Gaulle (closed on Monday) / museum of Plans-reliefs (relief maps) / museum of the Order of Liberation (closed of works) / Dôme of les Invalides with Napoleon's tomb)
You will then receive an e-mail of confirmation with a map. Print and present the confirmation the very day of your visit at the reception desk.
You will be given a voucher to pay for an collect your tickets at the tills.
- Please make sure that your group is supervised when split into small groups, not left alone in the museum and doesn't disturb other visitors or other guided tours. Groups with no such a behaviour will be expelled.
- Toilets are only accessible within the museum.
- A cloakroom is available at the ticket desk on the Place Vauban side.
To make it easier to get to the museum, visitors are dropped off at Place Vauban, which also provides parking space for coaches (charge applies).