On this page you'll find the museum's opening times and prices, to help you organise your visit.
Opening times and prices
The Army Museum is open every day.
- 1 April to 31 October: Monday to Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm
- 1 November to 31 March: Monday to Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm
- Tills close 30 min before the museum closes.
- The museum is closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
- 1st Monday of every month: only the Dome Church (tomb of Napoleon I), Cathedral of Saint-Louis des Invalides and artillery trail are open. On the 1st Monday in July, August and September, the whole museum is open.
- During the Christmas holidays and springtime holidays, the museum is open until 5.30 pm
- On Tuesdays from 1 April to 30 September 2013, the Dome and Modern Department are open until 9 pm
- In July and August, the Dome Church (tomb of Napoleon I) is open until 7 pm
- The Charles de Gaulle Monument is closed on Mondays
Hôtel National des Invalides opening times
On your visit to the museum, you can also explore the Hôtel des Invalides site! Open every day from 7.30 am to 7 pm (last admission and exit at 6.45 pm) Tuesdays from 7.30 am to 9 pm (last admission and exit at 8.45 pm) during the museum's night-time opening, from April to September.
Reduced price admission
- For everyone, every day from 5 pm in summer and 4 pm in winter, as well as Tuesday nights
- "Famille nombreuse" SNCF card for large family groups
- Groups of 10 people and more, subject to booking
- Paris Visite card holders (valid card and coupon)
- Reservist soldiers (upon presentation of military identity card)
Note: all visitors entitled to free admission to the museum must collect a "free ticket" at the tills, even when accompanying visitors with cards entitling them to direct access to the museum.
The following people are entitled to free access to the Army Museum, upon presentation of a valid, legible form of identification showing their name:
- Young people aged 18 to 25 who are nationals or residents of the European Union
- Jobseekers and people on income support (proof of status from the last 6 months)
- Disabled visitors and one accompanying person per handicapped person · Pass Education holders
- Journalists · Members of ICOM and ICOMOS
- Civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defence
- French soldiers
- Foreign soldiers (in uniform)
- PARIS MUSEUM PASS holders
2 main exhibitions are held every year.
See the programme of exhibitions (in french).
- Single price: €8,5
- Combined ticket price (museum and exhibition): €12
The combined ticket provides access to the exhibition and all the museum spaces. The exhibitions in the Perpignan Corridor are free, upon presentation of a museum admission ticket.
The exhibitions in the Main Courtyard are free.
The Army Museum offers many classical music concerts all year round.
See the programme of concerts (in french).
- Evening concert prices:
- Full price: €9
- Reduced price: €7
- Concert ticket price upon presentation of a museum ticket: €3
- Concert ticket price upon presentation of an exhibition ticket: €3
- Midday concert ticket: €3 for all
Tip: a selection of free concerts is also available (see detailed programme).
Cinema, events, conferences
The Army Museum regularly offers seasons of films, conferences and events, in connection with its cultural programme.Access to these events is free, although advance booking is required.
PARIS MUSEUM PASS
The PARIS MUSEUM PASS offers free, unlimited queue jump access to all areas of the Army Museum, as well as over 60 museums (permanent collections only) and monuments in Paris and the Paris region, subject to the Pass's daily validity restrictions.
The PARIS MUSEUM PASS is on sale at the museum's ticket and reception desks.
3 options (prices on 01/01/2012):
- 2 days: €39
- 4 days: €54
- 6 days: €69
To find out all about the Paris Museum Pass, see the website www.parismuseumpass.com